What is MYKAPS?
MYRADA Kaveri Pradeshika Samsthe (MYKAPS) is an NGO working chiefly in Mysore District in the State of Karnataka. MYKAPS also has implemented projects in neighboring districts namely; Mandya and Kodagu wherein, MYKAPS was involved in creating awareness to the public and HRGs (High Risk Groups) from September, 2008 to January, 2012.
MYKAPS also worked in the area of health and sanitation in Malavalli Taluk in Mandya District for a period of two years from 2010-12. MYKAPS has constructed 30 eco san toilets in Malligalli village in Kundur GP in Malavalli Taluk.
In Kodagu District, MYKAPS implemented a project namely; SABALA to create awareness amongst adolescent girls. MYKAPS has also implemented a watershed development in Virajpet Taluk under Western Ghats Development Project from 2010-12.
The majority of the projects of MYKAPS are implemented in Mysore District in taluks namely; H.D.Kote, Nanjangud and Periypatna. MYKAPS works with landless agricultural laborers, tribals, small and marginal farmers, women, youth and disadvantaged children in rural and urban areas to help them to build their own organizations and enable them to work sustainably.
Help Children Get out of Poverty & have a Future
MYKAPS spinned out of a larger organization namely; MYRADA in Jan 2008. MYRADA and MYKAPS continues to share a common vision and goals. However, MYKAPS is now an independent organization. This is in line with MYRADA’s stated objective of decentralization, building people’s institution and working with local communities to attain sustainability.
Meet Our Partners
Self Help Affinity Groups
Better Cotton Learning Groups
Organic Farmers Associations
Community Managed Resource Centre
Village Watershed Committees
Tank User Groups
Kabini Organics Farmer's Producer Co. Ltd.
Kaveri Rural Development Cooperative Society
And Much More
Our Studies & Project Formulation
- MYKAPS was involved in preparation of Comprehensive District Development Plan of Mysore District under 11th five year plan with community participation.
- MYKAPS was involved in organizing grama sabhas and in orienting the elected members of Grama Panchayat, Taluk Panchayat and Zilla Panchayat
- MYKAPS was involved in preparation of project formulation report under Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane in Mysore and Chamarajanagar Districts.
- MYKAPS was involved in survey, counseling and rehabilitation of night shelterless families in the city of Mysore on call from Mysore City Corporation
- On request from ITC Ltd., MYKAPS prepared project formulation reports by using participatory learning methods in Bangalore North, Kolar and Mysore District.
- MYKAPS was also involved in preparation project formulation report of Siddaramaiahnahundi and Ranganathapura villages in Mysore Taluk for carrying out various developmental activities.
- Impact assessment of watersheds implemented by Organization for Development of People (ODP) in Chamarajanagar District.
- MYKAPS was involved in assessment of sthree shakthi groups in Mysore District.
- MYKAPS has also conducted impact evaluation of tribal development project assisted by NABARD implement by a NGO namely; IRIDS in Mysore Taluk.
- MYKAPS has conducted evaluation of housing loans issued by SRFS.
- Executive Director of MYKAPS was involved in the capacity of team leader of assessing SHGs promoted by MYRADA in Sierra Leone in West Africa during May, 2017.